Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Pumpkin Stencil

Halloween is just around the corner and, like many a nerd, I'm starting to get those "special" feelings in my pantaloons. To prepare for this awesome occasion, I started working on a whole new batch of custom pumpkin stencils! For my first new creation, I drew inspiration from Kim Basinger's well known freeze-frame face from the 1981 TV movie, Killjoy. And by "well known," I mean about two people know of this image—myself included. 



I made two versions of the stencil; one with her hands on the side of her face (which looks super awkward) and one without them. I realize, either way, that this stencil is kind of a big fail, but I figured I'd post it anyway. It's my first attempt at a pumpkin stencil in over a year, so I'm just a bit rusty. Hopefully I'll get back in the pumpkin-carving groove real soon and churn out some much cooler ones before the month is up.

But in the meantime, go ahead and print this sucker out and carve an awesome pumpkin that will make all your friends super jealous! (NOTE: No one will be jealous.)






Head on over to the Downloads section for more of my (better) pumpkin stencils and carving instructions.


1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to find this movie forever. All I remembered was the name and this freeze frame of her face at the very end. If you try to search for Killjoy all you find is the horror movie. Luckily, this picture was included in a Google images search and I recognized it immediately. Your list is now up to three!

    ReplyDelete