Thursday, June 10, 2010

WALLPAPER: Silent Night, Deadly Night

(CLICK FOR FULL SIZE)

I never quite understood all the hate for Silent Night, Deadly Night. I mean, it features a crazy Santa Claus who offs random people with an ax! Did I mention he screams out "Naughty!" before he kills them? There's even a scene where the bastard gives a cute little girl a box cutter as a Christmas present. Does that not sound like gold to you? Seriously, if you can honestly say otherwise, then I regret to inform you that you're....umm....uhhh....Okay, I guess that would probably make you normal. And smart. And sane. But whatevs! Where's the fun in that?! I realize Silent Night, Deadly Night isn't exactly the greatest movie and does produce some unintentional laughs here and there, but regardless, I love this damn movie to pieces. I really do think it's one of the best slashers to come out of the 80's and a great watch around the holidays. 

But anyway, the wallpaper! Yes, the wallpaper!

I originally created a Silent Night, Deadly Night wallpaper specifically for RetroSlashers.net (which can be seen HERE), and now that some years have passed, I came to realize how incredibly cruddy it looks. And to make matters worse, the damn thing has spread all over the internet and has even been used on the Amazon UK site! I thought it was kinda embarrassing. So I decided to redo the whole thing to redeem myself and I think it turned out great. The perfect mood setter to see this on my computer screen during the holiday season!



No comments:

Post a Comment